In the last two decades, the population in Australia has grown multiple times and immigration has been a major driver in this growth. Around 64% of the population growth is due to the migration of people from different parts of the world. The most common reasons to migrate to Australia are its free healthcare and education, easy way to get foreign citizenship, and a developed economy that has a growing number of opportunities for everyone. In this article, we will guide you about the complete immigration requirements of Australia.
- Why Indians choose Australia for immigration over other countries?
- Minimum eligibility criteria for migrating to Australia
- Different programs for skilled Australia Immigration
- Immigration steps for Australia from India
- Benefits of Australian Permanent Residence Visa
Why Indians choose Australia for immigration over other countries?
Australia being the thirteenth largest economy in the world with a per capita income which is the 10th highest in the world is an obvious choice for Indians to immigrate. Being the most developed economy, it has only around 5% of the unemployment rate. Here are the reasons for choosing Australia for your next destination for work –
- A country with incredible landscapes, environment and with one of the lowest air pollution can offer a healthy lifestyle.
- It is a country with more than 40% of the population have different origins. This resembles the rate of immigration in the country and people staying there for their lifetime.
- There are only 6.4 people per square mile in Australia which depicts a very low population density.
- One of the major reasons to migrate and live in Australia is its healthcare. It is free and highly professional and knowledgeable doctors are always at the service of the citizens.
- There are over 1200 educational institutes where more than 20000 courses are being offered to the students. The institutes have a very large number of international students.
Minimum eligibility criteria for migrating to Australia
Australia has multiple work opportunities which require skilled people. There are certain eligibility criteria that you need to fulfill-
- The maximum age limit is 45 years.
- To work in Australia you need to have competency in English.
- There is a Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List which Australians follow to employ candidates for skilled occupation.
- The credentials of the candidate must be approved by the Australian assessing authority.
- You need to undergo a medical examination and submit the fitness certificate for immigration.
- You need to submit a character certificate.
Australian Government follows a point-based system for immigration. The points are calculated on the basis of-
- Nominated Occupation
- English Language Proficiency
- Skilled Employment
- Educational Qualifications
- Australian Qualifications
- Regional Study
- Community language skills
- Spouse/ partners skills and qualifications
- Professional Year
- Nominations and sponsorship ( for subclass 190 and 489 only)
Different programs for skilled Australia Immigration
General Skilled Migration programs or Skillselect takes place for the Australian Skilled Worker program in 2012 – 2013. Applicants are eligible to get a permanent residence visa based on their educational qualifications, English proficiency, and work experience.
There are a total of five visa subclasses in the Skillselect program. To get Australian immigration under the skillselect program, it needs a minimum of 65 points. The five sub-classes for visa are-
- Skilled Independent Visa ( Subclass 189 )
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190 )
- Skilled Regional Visa ( Subclass 887 )
- Graduate Temporary Visa ( Subclass 485 )
- Skilled Nomination or Sponsored visa (Provisional ) ( Subclass 489 )
Immigration steps for Australia from India
Like all Immigration processes, Australia's Immigration is also a legal process. It takes most probably 9 to 12 months for processing. To get Australian Immigration, you have to go through the following six steps.
Step 1: Assessment of Studies and Work Experience.
The assessing bodies, first of all, check the applicant’s educational qualification and work experience. If they are assessed successfully, the applicant gets an accreditation letter. It will charge near AUD 800.
Step 2: Language Proficiency Proof
To get the Australia Immigration, the candidates must go through the International English Language Test. There are four basic categories – reading, writing, speaking, and listening in the IELTS. The minimum requirement for the visa is to get at least 6 points.
Step 3: Submission of Expression of Interest ( EOI )
In this step with the help of skillselect, candidates must submit their Expression Of Interest.
Step 4: Nomination of state
If the candidate applies for state nominated visa then he or she needs to apply for a state nomination as well. The procedure for the same is different from the application process.
Step 5: Filling of visa
For visa filling, the applicants must submit their work experience and professional documents, other essential documents, and certified translations.
Step 6: Clearance of police and Medical Examination
Candidates and their dependents must go through a strict health check-up and police verification by the Australian embassy before entering the country.
You can call at 6046172986, to make Australian Immigration much easier. Many efficient consultants will help and provide all the details and information about Australia Immigration.
Benefits of Australian Permanent Residence Visa
If the candidates get Australia Permanent Residence Visa, he or they will live, work and study in Australia for five years without any limitations. We know that everybody needs a high-profile lifestyle in a sound economy, to fulfill this dream, you can immigrate to Australia.
- If a candidate gets a PR Visa, he or she will travel without any fear in Australia and also live in Australia indefinitely.
- PR Visa also allows educational loans and higher education in Australia.
- After living a minimum of two years, the PR visa holder will get Social Security. Social Security covers the benefits of unemployment, sickness, and student benefits.
- PR Visa holder’s newborn baby will get easily Australian citizenship.
- If PR Visa holder support and meets certain assurance, his or her relatives will get permanent residency in Australia.
- Australian PR Visa holders will get easily Government jobs.
- The most important benefit of getting an Australia PR Visa is the permanent resident can also travel to New Zealand and also apply for its Visa.