The easiest way for skilled immigrants to move to Australia is the “Australian Skilled Independent visa Subclass 189. With the help of this visa, the applicant can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia with his or her family members. It is also helpful for non-sponsored skilled workers. The offshore Skilled Independent Subclass 175 visa and the onshore Subclass 88 visa both are replaced by the Skilled Independent Australia Visa Subclass 189 in 2012 – 2013.
Eligibility criteria to move to Australia as a skilled immigrant
To get the Australia skilled independent visa, the candidate must have to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). The candidate may be residing in or outside Australia, it’s not a big fact. The candidate must fulfill some requirements.
- The candidate’s age must be lower than 45 years.
- The candidate must be fluent in English.
- The candidate must score at least 65 points on the point test.
- The candidate’s nominated occupation must be listed on the Medium and Long –term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
- The skill of the candidate must be assessed by relevant assessing authority as suitable for his or her nominated occupation.
- The candidate’s health and character certificate are also needed.
Process for applying the Australia visa subclass 189
The candidates who are eligible for Skilled Independent Visa 189 must go through the 3 stage application process.
The candidate’s credentials must be assessed by the Australian Government. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) will judge the candidate’s skill and after the judgment, the candidate will be allowed to practice the chosen occupation in Australia.
After getting the green signal from the concerned institution, the candidate must submit his or her Expression of Interest (EOI) through skill selection.
After getting the Invitation to Apply (ITA), the candidate can continue the stage of application of DIBP. In this stage, the candidate has to submit his or her final and complete application, so that the candidate’s Australian 189 Visa can be granted.
This is mainly a priority-based process. After getting the subclass visa189, the candidate gets 5-year multiple entry visas to live and work in Australia. The candidate has to live in the country for a minimum of 2 years of the said 5 years for re-issued for the next 5 years. The candidate will get the scope for applying for Australian citizenship after spending 4 consecutive years in the country.
Benefits of Australia Skilled Independent visa
- The holder of an Australia skilled visa can study in Australia.
- The holder can live and work in Australia permanently.
- The holder can access certain social security payments.
- They can enroll in Australia’s health scheme.
- The holder can apply for Australian citizenship after a certain time.
- The holder can also sponsor his or her family members for temporary or permanent residency in Australia. Here candidate’s family member means his or her partner, partner’s dependent child, and partner’s dependent relative.
Cost of applying for Australia skilled Independent visa189
- It will charge AUD 3755 for the primary applicant.
- Charge AUD 1875 for the dependent applicant who is 18 and above 18 years.
- It will charge AUD 940 for the dependent applicant who is under 18 years.