The Canada Express Entry Program is a point-based program which makes it a really easy one. The program was started back in 2015 and since then this flagship program in on its run. Under this program, profiles are being managed from the registration done for skilled economic immigration programs –
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
With the online application process, it has become easy for the applicants. They can apply from any part of the country. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) makes it further easy to rank the profiles. The ranking is done based on points acquired by the candidate.
Major Steps for Express Entry Program
Steps involved in Express Entry Program :
Step 1: Eligibility Check
The candidate needs to acquire a minimum of 67 points as per the point-based system.
Step 2: Documentation
The next step is documentation where you have to submit all the required documents –
- Travel documents – passport
- IELTS results or other language test results
- Education Credential Assessment (ECA) for candidates who pursued education outside Canada or for those who are applying under the Federal skilled Workers Program.
- Provincial Nomination (if the candidate is having one)
- Job offer from an eligible Canadian employer.
Step 3: Submission of profile
Once you are eligible and prepared all your documents, then you need to submit the profile. The ranks will be given by the CRS to the profile and the highest-ranking profiles will get the ITA.
Step 4: Final Application
Once you receive the ITA, you must apply for the Permanent Resident Visa in Canada to the IRCC. The latest cut-off as per the CRS is 445 points.
Basic eligibility for Express Entry Program
Some of the basic eligibility criteria that make a skilled immigrant eligible to apply for Canada PR Visa through Express Entry Program (FSWP) are as follows:
- Candidates must have at least 67 points out of 100 points.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience. Work experience in an occupation that must be categorized under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level type 0, A, B or C will be considered.
- The minimum requirement is IELTS is level 7 for the Canadian Language Benchmark.
- The minimum educational qualification is a Canadian secondary or post-secondary school certificate, diploma, or degree OR its equivalent.
- Proof of financial backup needs to be provided. IT file or other such documents which can prove the funds available in the account of the candidate or the one sponsoring him or her.
Process of creating the Express Entry Profile
- It is an online process where you have to enter all your personal and professional details.
- You need to upload the documents after filling in the details.
- You also need to fill in the NOC job title and code for the same.
What to do after getting an ITA?
After getting an Invitation to Apply (ITA), the candidate has 60 days to submit their application. They need to do that with all the proper documents. They need to submit it to IRCC. The Fee structures for Canada PR Visa:
- For Candidate’s Application: CAD 1,040
- For Including Spouse: CAD 1,040
- Include a dependent child: CAD 150
IRCC will check the profiles and evaluate and do a background check. This whole process takes around 6 months on average. After IRCC approves the application, the candidate gets the PR visa of Canada.
There is also another immigration program apart from the express entry program and that is the Provincial Nomination Program (PNP). PNPs allow the provinces (except Quebec) in Canada to nominate skilled immigrants. It is for the permanent residence of the candidates and the overall economic development of the province.
All the PNP are having streams that are in line with the Federal Government’s Express Entry Program. The Express entry registered candidates can apply using this for provincial nomination. If a candidate can get the provincial nomination certificate, then they are awarded 600 CRS points. Here are some of the PNPs with stream in line with the Express Entry program:
- Express Entry for Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
- Express Entry for Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- Express Entry for British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Express Entry for Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- Express Entry for Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NS PNP)
Why choose the Best Immigration Consultant – Skyscapeinternational Visas?
Skyscapeinternational is having 12+ years of experience in the immigration industry. It provides one of the best customer/client services. Here are some reasons for choosing Skyscape –
- Transparency in Information and about Process and eligibility.
- Guaranteed job assistance services to Canadian immigrants.
- Best post landing services.
- Everything is written in the legal contract.
- 100% success rate of Canada PR Visa to date.
- ICCRC Consultant
- Experience of more than 25000 processed applications.
- On PR Visa rejection 100% money refunded
Give us a call now on +1 6046172986 to talk to our immigration consultant and start your journey to Canada.
The main motive of Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is to process the application for Canada PR Visa through this program – Express entry program, in an average time of 6 months. This does not mean that the processing time will be counted from once the candidate has created their express profile but it will be taken into account from the day the candidate has submitted their application to the IRCC with the proper set of documents after they have been issued the Invitation to Apply (ITA).
Depending on the nature and severity of the false information provided by the candidate, this known as misrepresentation, it carries penalties. For if the candidate is found to provide false information in order to enter the pool, they will be banned from re-entering the pool for five years. Therefore, it is very important for the candidate to provide with right and accurate information. For the candidates who are unsure about how to assess the credentials, they must hire an immigration consultant to do so.
ITA is offered to the candidates in the express pool who are selected by the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to apply for Canada PR Visa. For getting the ITA, the candidate must meet minimum requirements for Canada immigration including meeting the minimum required Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) cut-off.
To show their Expression of Interest (EOI) for Canada PR Visa, immigrants create their profile in the express entry program by submitting the credentials like about their skills, work experience, language proficiency, education, and any other personal information. Express profile is self-declared to show that the information provided by the candidate is based on their own assessment of their personal information.
Yes, candidates are able to apply for both the immigration program as there is a connection between Express Entry and the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). When a candidate update their Express entry profile when the gets a provincial certificate, it awards the express profile with 600 CRS points. These many points make sure that the candidate is able to get the Invitation to Apply (ITA). Candidates are required to be in the express pool before applying for a provincial nomination or submitting their Expression of Interest (EOI) to the provincial government.
Having a job offer is not mandatory to apply for Canada PR Visa through Express Entry Program but it plays a very important/vital role for the chances of a candidate to get an ITA. Having a job offer awards the candidates with extra points under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
For candidates who have applied for Canada PR Visa through Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and have pursued their education outside of Canada, getting an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is mandatory, in order to get points under CRS for Education factor. ECA proves that the education done by the applicant outside of Canada is equal to Canadian education standards.
Each express profile stays in the federal government’s express pool, for a duration of 12 months or when the candidate gets an Invitation to Apply (ITA) whichever comes first. If the candidate is not able to get an ITA and the duration of 12 months have passed, they are required to create a fresh profile.
The candidate who is able to get the Canada PR is able to bring their spouse or common-law partner, as well as their dependent children, with them in Canada. For the case of married couples, only one of them needs to receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) to apply for permanent residence. Spouse or common-law partner will also receive the PR Visa as well as any dependent children. Spouse or common-law partner must submit language test results as well as security background checks. Both the spouse or common-law partner and dependent children will be required to pass a medical examination.