Eligibility and process of Permanent Legal Residence in Australia under the Australia Skilled nominated or Sponsored provisional visa (subclass 489)
- The candidate must have lived for 2 years in the specific region or worked for 1 year in the region. The region needs to be lightly populated. It has to be a growth area in the country.
- Submit the Expression of Interest (EOI) via the skill select program.
- The candidate can be from Australia and another place as well.
- Occupational experience in the same occupation with the skill set nominated under the MLSTSSL and STSOL.
- The credentials of the applicant must be assessed by the official authority for the assessment of the same.
- The age must be between 18 years to 50 years.
- The candidate must meet the minimum criteria under the general skilled Migration program – English proficiency, fitness, and character certificate are a must.
- The candidate must get 65 points under the point-based system.
The applicant can take –
- Spouse/partner along with him
- Dependent child
- Dependent relative
Eligibility for applying for family members
- Must have been living or working in the designated region of the country
- They are allowed to study in a specific region/ area only
- If the visa is valid, they can travel both inside and outside of Australia.
- The candidates can apply for permanent residency in the country via the Skilled Regional (Residence) visa subclass 887 if the applicant meets certain conditions.
Australia Subclass 489 Visa holders’ obligations
- Minimum stay of two years in the state or territory
- Have to inform about the change in residence/address
- Completing surveys
Eligibility for getting sponsored by an eligible family member
- They must have spent the dedicated time in the country.
- They must have worked there along with living.
Who is eligible Relative?
Relative of the Applicant can be an Australian Citizen/ permanent resident or an eligible citizen of New Zealand with a minimum age of 18 years and above.
Relation with the applicant (including step-relatives)
- Child of the applicant
- Parent of the applicant
- Brother or sister
- Niece or nephew
- Aunty and uncle
- Grandparents or first cousins
List of the states or territories that are part of Australia subclass 489
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Western Australia
- If you are applying for the skilled regional sponsored (Prov) then the fees are AUD 3755
- For additional applicant above 18 years – AUD 1875
- For additional applicants within 18 years - AUD 940.