Latest News

How to apply for your spouse for immigration to Canada?

Canada is a great country for living with your family and it allows immigrants from different parts of the world to move into this country with their spouse. There are certain eligibility criteria and other things you need to keep in mind while applying for your spouse for immigration to Canada.

 For Indians who want to bring their spouse to Canada and live with them as a permanent resident of Canada – getting a Canada Spouse Visa is the best possible way. With the help of a Spouse Visa, you can live together with your Spouse in Canada on permanent basis.

Saskatchewan Immigration PR Points Calculator

Eligibility Criteria

  • The age of the applicant and his or her spouse has to be equal to or above 18 years.
  • The applicant must be a Canadian Citizen or a PR of Canada. Even being a registered person as an Indian as per the Canadian Indian Act would do.
  • Except for any disability, if they are receiving any benefits or social assistance from the government of Canada, then it won’t be allowed.
  • Must be able to finance the basic needs of the person he or she is sponsoring.
  • In case the applicant is already sponsoring an ex-spouse, then he can’t apply for someone else within three years.
  • If the applicant has become a PR within 5 years or lesser and is sponsored by the spouse or the partner, then they are not eligible.

Documents Requirement

  • Marriage or Registry Certificate
  • They need to prove that they will be living in the country of Canada once the spouse becomesa Permanent resident of the country.
  • An agreement needs to be signed by both the partners that they understand their responsibilities towards each other and themselves.
  • The sponsor needs to sign an agreement for providing the basics to their partner.
  • Photos, messages, call lists, and other data to prove that they are together. Even joint bank accounts and others would be necessary.

How To Apply For Spouse Visa For Canada From India In 2019-20

Why Choose Skyscape International Visas – The Best Immigration Consultant?

The application takes around 8 to 10 months to get processed. With our services, you can easily avail of post-landing services after your spouse land in Canada. We at Skyscape International, maintain complete transparency of the process and the eligibility criteria. We provide thorough job assistance as well and we have our ICCRC lawyers to help you as well.

For more information on Canada Immigration, Give us a call @ +1 6046172986.


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The common-law partner includes:

  • Isn’t legally married to you
  • Can be either sex
  • Is 18 or older
  • Has been living with you for at least 12 consecutive months, meaning:
    • You’ve been living together continuously for one year, without any longer periods apart
    • If either of you left your home it was for:
      • Family obligations
      • Work or business travel
    • Any time spent away from each other must have been:
      • Short
      • Temporary

When at least one partner chooses to end the relationship, the partnership is considered over.

You must provide police clearance certificates when you submit your application package to the visa office.

If the immigration office began to process your application, you will be sent an acknowledgment of receipt letter or email with an application number.  There is no acknowledgment sent until immigration office has opened the application and checked that it’s complete. The application will be returned if:

  • It’s incomplete
  • Fees are missing or
  • It’s received after a program is paused, closed or a cap is reached

In order to avoid refusal or delays must make sure of the following:

  • Properly fill out and sign all the application form(s)
  • Include all documents listed on the Document Checklist
  • Pay your fees and include your receipt with your application, and
  • Pay the right of permanent residence fees of CAD $490 upfront, or as soon as you get a letter asking you to do so

Sponsor must undertake to provide the sponsored family members with:

  • Food, clothing, shelter and other basic requirements of everyday living; and
  • Dental and eye care and other health needs not covered by public health services available to all Canadian citizens and permanent residents